The ICFAI University Sikkim believes in transformation of staffs and students' thoughts, ideas and inspirations into reality. We believe that every idea generated can be molded, sculptured, designed and transformed into meaningful outcome. In order to enhance the entrepreneurial skills and support the ideas of IUS students and staffs, IUS is proud to start an incubation center to facilitate its students and faculties with the support like mentoring, providing space, training, networking, internet and other supports that will help them in transforming their dreams into reality.
The centre will be a flagship unit under the banner of Centre of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship CSD&E IUS.
The idea of the IUS IC is to not let the ideas go to waste. This centre will act as a complete support system that will provide hands-on experience in innovation and entrepreneurship. Every member will be nurtured with the industry experts, management and faculties. This gives a platform for students to start their dream projects while in university.
The completed & on-going projects 2018-19 of IUS IC are:
- University APP - Completed
- MOBILE APP for Sikkim State Transports SNT-Launch planned on July 2019
- HAMRO PG, an app for students and employees seeking paying guest in Sikkim
CSD&E is in constant communication with Commerce & Industry Department, MSME, NSDC to seek support on all entrepreneurial aspects related to start-ups and innovation which will help students reach their utmost goal in building their own future. CSD&E will very soon launch IPR Facility Centre at the IUS Campus.
As the IUS Incubation Center is at the very early stage, the initial operation will be focused on nurturing innovative ideas, support in developing the business proposal, support with the industry and related departments linkages, identifying the target market, provide space to work, consultation with the faculties, technological guidance, industry exposure, pre-launch & launch activities, feedback system and contact with the investors.
All students and staffs (including visiting faculties) of IUS who seeks to transform their ideas to reality.
Admission to the IUS Incubation center is open to:
By doing so and by bridging demand-supply gaps, the IC will increase knowledge exploitation while giving birth to:
- Faculty and Staff (Current) including visiting faculty
- Students (Current)
Incubation Process and Support Available
- Submit an e-application form available at IUS website.
- Screening by IUS IC Committee
- Final approval by Incubation committee
Incubatees may be offered shared space IUS IC. Other facilities are
- BRANDING: IUS IC will support the Incubatees with pre-launch & launch program.
- MENTORING: Academic Mentors
- NETWORKING Connect with related departments to leverage collective knowledge
Introduction to Investors
IUS IC Committee
- Dr. Jagannath Patnaik, Chairperson
- Dr. Rabindra Chettri, Member Secretary
- Mr. Rohit Rathi, Special MS
- Mrs. Sandhya R Pant, Director CSD&E, Member
- Mr. Gagan Gurung, IT Assistant Professor, Member
- Mr. Rahul Shah, IT Assistant Professor, Member
- Mr. Dhiraj Jaiswal, IT Assistant Professor , Member
IUS Incubation Centre
1st Floor, The ICFAI University, Sikkim.
Phone : 094759 66331 / 95632 13089 / 83718 52180
An Innovation-cum-Incubation Centre has been established. It provides platforms and mechanisms for the actors and stakeholders in the region to interact with each other and thus to foster needs/opportunities based on innovation.